PJ Barth is a Las Vegas-based blues/rock guitarist and vocalist who plays at various venues along the Las Vegas strip. PJ needed an official website presence to inform existing fans about his live dates and upcoming CD, and to build new fans by exposing them to his work through video and audio streams. PJ wanted a laid back, rootsy “bar” type design which would fit well with his genre of music. Full hosting and ongoing maintenance are provided for this website, the artist is handling his own news and live event posting through WordPress’ easy-to-use backend system with training provided.
- Platform: WordPress, customized design
- Traffic Statistics: Full server-level statistical tracking in place, detailing home country of each visitor, their movement through and time spent on the website, referrer source and search terms used (if applicable), plus dozens more pieces of information.
- Bi-Directional Social Media Integration: Blog posts can be broadcast instantly to client’s Twitter, and Facebook accounts, while posts made directly to those sites can be shown on the website itself. Facebook “Like” buttons integrated throughout site to encourage visitors to share on Facebook, resulting in increased incoming traffic and incoming links.
- Mobile Version: A fully functional mobile version of the website is accessible with special compatibility included for iPhone and iPad platforms.
- Live events: Live events database included for reporting future and past concerts, able to list multiple bands and tours. All prior venue information easily accessible for quickly listing recurring shows.
- Video: Pop-up video player plays the user-selected video. Able to show unlimited videos, hosted either by YouTube or internal to the site.
- Photos: Multi-section photo gallery with automatic photo resizing, watermarking and thumbnailing, with “lightbox” fullsize photo display.
- Audio: Streaming audio players play MP3 files without the ability for the website visitor to download them.
- Guestbook: Website visitors are able to read other visitor’s comments, and can leave their own comments about PJ’s performances via a submission form. System is fully moderated — no comments go live until they are approved.
- Contact: Customizable contact form in use to protect privacy of client’s email address.